Sunday 14 April 2013

Ava Fairy

I was lucky enough to be one of the winners over at the Quirky Crafts Challenge blog the other week and was therefore invited to be a Guest Designer.

The theme is Things with Wings and Clouds and I was given a lovely image from Bugaboo who are one of the sponsors for the challenge - make sure you pop over to the challenge blog for full details of the sponsors and prizes.

The inspiration for this card came from one on Vicky's Blog, I would never have thought to put these papers with dark green card stock and I have to admit her's looks a lot better than mine.  Full details of everything I have used are listed below.


I have decorated the inside of my card using the same design and papers as the front.


Card Recipe

Papers:  My Mind's Eye - Howdy Doody
Card Stock:  Crafter's Companion - Core'dinations
Tools:  Spellbinders - Scalloped Circle and Standard Circle
Martha Stewart - border punch
Embellishments:  ribbon and card candy from stash
Sentiment:  The Crafty Pad

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Flutterby Wednesday Challenge 235 - Anythings Goes with a Butterfly or Fairy
Little Miss Muffet Challenge 58 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Bingo (Punches, Free, Ribbons)
Crafts 4 Eternity Challenge 114 - Wonderful Wings
Creative Moments Challenge 14 - Things with Wings
Card Crafter's Circle Challenge 70 - Die Cuts and/or Dry Embossing
Simply Create Too Challenge 35 - Use Your Stash (papers, embellishments & sentiment all stash)
Dream Valley Challenge 54 - Happy Birthday
The Corrosive Challenge 172 - Life's Special Occasions
That Craft Place Challenge - For a Child

Make sure you pop over to the Quirky Crafts Challenge blog to take a look at the DT inspiration and check out the great sponsors and prizes on offer.

I hope everyone has had a fabulous weekend, thank you so much for visiting me today.

Pauline
x

30 comments:

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Pauline.
Love the sweet image and the DP's are so pretty.
Fab LO too :o)
Hope you've had a lovely weekend.
Debs xx

Jan said...

Fabulous card Pauline well done on the GDT xx Jan

Michelle J M said...

Love it! Isnt she cute! Love the papers and of coursse your perfect inside. Michelle x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Pauline. I love the image and pretty papers.
Lorraine x

Inkypinkydelights said...

Another lovely card Pauline. Hope your weekend is going well. Judy x

Anne said...

Very pretty card Pauline. Hugs x

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

I have just had a lovely catch up on all your gorgeous creations .. .. I have missed so much!!!

This project is so lovely and the papers are fabby.

I also love the Spring Daisy card you posted. Fabulous colour combo and cloud background.

Might be being brave with my tomatoes .. .. or stupid .. .. I will have to wait and see, but they were starting to get a bit leggy on the window-ledge.

Hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my blog. I love, love this little beauty, she is gorgeous, the papers and the dark green work for me they look rather lovely especially with the punched border and ribbon, super, super card, congratulations on the win and the GDT spot, so well deserved.
hugs
lorraine x

LindaS said...

Adorable image and beUtiful card. I really like the black pieces with your perfect choise of PP.

Sue said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Pauline
This is gorgeous. I love the cute image and beautiful papers.
Sue xx

Claire said...

Love this, great image and fab layout. Hugs, Claire x

rachel said...

this is so cute Pauline - the papers are just fab and the image very cute! Hugs rachel x

Unknown said...

Awww very cute Pauline! Lovely image and gorgeous colours! :)

I'd love it if you'd come follow me on my new blog where I post almost every day now!
www.creatinandstampin.blogspot.co.uk
Hugs,
Lizy xx

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Pauline. The image is adorable and I love the papers and design.
Hugs Sharon. x

Carol said...

Love this Pauline, gorgeous image and papers. Carol x

Denice said...

Oh, such an adorable little Bugaboo fairy sitting with her head in the clouds! Thanks for joining us this week at Flutter By Wednesday.

Danni said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Pauline: Great creation! Glad You joined in our Challenge #35 - "Use Your Stash" at Simply Create Too

Diane
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Melodie said...

Amazing card, great layout, wonderful papers and a super cute image.
Hugs
Melodie

Beryl said...

A gorgeous card Pauline. Sweet image and those papers are so pretty. The dark green does make it all 'pop'.
Beryl xx

Anne-Marie said...

It's always such a pleasure to pop into your crafty place, Pauline....your latest creation is so soft and pretty with those gorgeous papers, and I agree that the dark green really helps to lift the card...great design feature! Thanks for entering at Card Crafter's Circle....it's always so nice to see you!

Pia S said...

It's a sweet image and I love your papers too - they work so well with the colors of your image. Great idea to use black for contrast with your embellishments and panels.

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous, sweet card.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

A truly wonderfully designed card Pauline, she's such a cute little fairy! Just so pretty! Big hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love Bugaboo images and this one is especially adorable. Your did such a fabulous job bringing this image to life with your wonderful coloring and design.

michele said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

KandA said...

Congratulations on the GDT spot. This card is so pretty. I love the colours and gorgous papers xx

CarlaKH said...

What a cute card! I love the papers and the sweet image- adorable! Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenges!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pauline,
I just wanted to thank you for guest designing with us over at Quirky Crafts... your card is amazing!
Daire x (DT)

Kezzy said...

Wow gorgeous and super cute. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog. Happy Crafting :-) Kezzy xxx