Friday 16 September 2011

Aye, Aye, Pirate Fun

Good afternoon all, I hope you've all had a good week.

This is another card I've made for my eldest son to give to a friend for her birthday, yet another party he's been invited to.  This friend is a member of his Explorers group and last year their summer camp was on a Narrow Boat and they all had to dress as Pirates, hence the subject of the card.


I got out one of my Debbie More CD's and found some stripy backing paper in one of my NitWit Collections.  I used Kraft card as a base and cut a border from the same card using a spellbinders die, this has been topped with a ribbon strip from the CD.  The corrugated card and buttons came from my stash, I rolled some string to make a rope coil and topped it with a charm to finish the card.

This is the inside of my card decorated as usual.



Image: Debbi Moore Designs  - Funky Divas Kerry Jo CD
Papers:  NitWit - Aye, Aye Captain
, Tools:  Spellbinders - Ric Rac Diamond border, Labels 4. Scalloped Circles, Classic Squares (inside card)
Embellishments:  string, button and charm from stash
Sentiment:  Polka Doodles

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges

CES Challenge 53 - Make it Magical or Spooky (I think my pirate girl is magical)
The Crazy Challenge 84 - Birthdays

Don't forget to pop over to the Willow Sketchie Challenge Blog  and have a go at this weeks challenge.

 
Thank you for looking, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Pauline
x

13 comments:

Jan said...

Great card Pauline. She is magical! xx Jan

Carol said...

Great card Pauline and what a fabulous image - don't think I'd want one of my sons bringing her home though lol Carol x

Anne-Marie said...

Fantastic card, what an image.

Anne-Marie x x

Vicky said...

Awesome card love the fab image.

Thank you for joining us girlz over at CES Challenges, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a great card for your son to give. That image is so unusual and I love what you have done with the "rope". xx

Jennifer said...

This is so fab, love the details...thanks for playing at CES Challenges this week! xx Jenny xx

Anonymous said...

fabulous card Pauline! very clever too! the rolled up string! Thanks coming to play with us this week for the Birthday Time!
Challenge @ Top Tip Tuesday, Hugs Samantha

Sue B said...

What a fab card Pauline! Love the image and colouring is gorgeous! Great papers and corners. And the lovely wee charm - I love it!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Wow this is fab.Lov ethe texture and the string.
Lisa x

LaJanette said...

Such a great card Pauline! I am loving this pirate girl! Very nice details and the inside makes it that much more cuter!


Thanks for joining us for our Birthday Challenge this week at Top Tip Tuesday!

Hugs;
Janette

Lisa Minckler said...

Shiver me timbers mate, this card is a wee fine treasure!! Ok, that's all the pirate lingo I know. :D
Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our birthday challenge.
Lisa xx
And remember, if you have a TIP you’d like to share with us crafters, just write it up in your post and then add TIP by your entry name and you’re eligible for the TOP TIPPER PRIZE as well. 

ike said...

Such a fabulous image and the love the subtle colours. I bet she was really pleased with this. Beautiful =^oo^=
Ike xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Pauline love the image thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx